Sunday, April 20, 2014

Southampton Double Ice Bock


Easter is a very special day. One which we share with our families and eat delicious candy and other foods we probably shouldn't be eating. It's also a time to catch up and create new memories. Easter 2014 was a very special day for me and not just because of my wonderful family and foods that probably caused me to gain a couple of pounds, but also because of a small beer by the name of Double Ice Bock...created by Southampton Publick House.

I picked up my one 7 oz bottle from the Russian Imperial Stout Release Party I went to back in February. I decided Easter night was just as good of a night as any to appreciate this fine beer. I love bocks so I was greatly anticipating this one...enough to even pose with my bottle before opening it.


Just from the gold aluminium foil on the top of the bottle, you knew it was going to be a good one.

I opened the Double Ice Bock bottle and was met with this sight, slowly bubbling and waiting to be drank.






The smell of Double Ice Bock was that of a good ol' fashioned German beer complete with maltiness and all.

Without waiting any longer I took a sip of one of the best beers I have drank in 2014.



I can't really describe the flavor of Double Ice Bock all too well. Maltiness was evident with each sip I took and it was an all around perfect beer. I'm a big fan of bocks, especially double bocks. This is the first time I have ever tried an ice bock and boy was I pleased.

I wish Southampton sold me more than one bottle of this fine beer. Great in every way imaginable and a beer drinker's dream.

Double Ice Bock was created by the Southampton Publick House and has an ABV of 18.00% ABV.


No comments:

Post a Comment