Friday, September 13, 2013

Bullseye Wholesale Beverage: A place you can find beer prices right on target!


Most of the time when you visit my Beer Blog you expect to hear about the beers I've been drinking and what makes them so great (or not so great in some cases). While it's true I love drinking beer and writing reviews on each one, the whole process and my blog wouldn't be possible without the wonderful beer retailers and beverage centers of Long Island. In the past I've written blogs on different beer stores that I frequently visit and why I continue to do so today. Recently I had the opportunity to continue in this trend and speak with Kurt Meyer Jr., the owner of Bullseye Wholesale Beverage in Smithtown, NY.

In 2009, Kurt Meyer Jr. and his father Kurt Meyer Sr. opened Bullseye Wholesale Beverage to much success. Before its opening the Smithtown area was pretty barren when it came to other beverage centers located in the area. Kurt and his father saw an opportunity to get their start in the beer business and with the help of a friend they bought the vacant building. The rest is history.


It's been five years since its opening, but Kurt continues to run Bullseye just as he did when it first opened. He makes sure that the shelves are always filled with a variety of delicious beers, including craft beers and limited releases that are normally hard to find. I've also noticed that his prices are on average lower than some competing beverage centers I go to, which I asked him about.

"If the prices are good and the product is there then people will come in. I'm trying to win customers, not increase the size of my bank account."

Low prices and fresh beer seem to be the winning formula for Kurt and Bullseye Wholesale Beverage, but running the store as smoothly as he does wouldn't be possible without the help of his supportive family, who also help out at the store as employees. Kurt's fiancĂ© Casey normally works the register at the front of the store and always greets me with a smile when I come in. His sister-in-law Meghan and cousin Sascha also work there. 


I asked Kurt what some of his favorite beers are, and what beers got him to be the beer lover that he is today. He told me that initially he wasn't much of a beer drinker and would only drink German wheat beers because he didn't know what else was out there. Then one day a beer came into his life that changed his opinion on beer forever.

"If I had to pick one beer that opened up my beer drinking world it would have to be Stone's Russian Imperial Stout. It was just so rich, powerful and sweet, unlike anything else I have tried before. "

For a first time choice of drinking a craft beer I don't think he could have made a better decision. Other beers Kurt likes include Ballast Point's Sculpin IPA, Lagunitas Sucks and Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin.

Every experience I have had at Bullseye Wholesale Beverage has been a positive one. In addition to their great prices, Kurt has come through for me on multiple occasions. This year I was able to try Stone's R & R Coconut IPA collaboration beer thanks to him.

If you're looking for one of the best places to buy beer from with the most variety in the Smithtown area, look no further than Bullseye Wholesale Beverage.

Kurt Meyer Jr. and his fiancé Casey make Bullseye Wholesale Beverage a winning beer store

Bullseye Wholesale Beverage is located at 395 Middle Country Rd. in Smithtown, NY. Their slogan is: "A beer is not just a beer. All told, there are 27 different styles of beer, with a further breakdown of 49 substyles. Have you tried them all?"

   

No comments:

Post a Comment