Friday, January 18, 2013

Gulden Draak Ale

Oh Gulden Draak. Where do I even begin?

This was one of my favorite new beers that I tried in 2012. I even got to have it on tap at Croxley Ales in Farmingdale. This Belgian beer has so much going for it, the taste, the smell...everything is phenomenal about it.

If I had to describe Gulden Draak I would say it's like a very flavorful piece of banana bread with a whole slew of fruits thrown in. Raisins, Cranberries, a caramelized flavor; all so good. The beer is sweet, but never once lets the drinker forget that it is a Belgian Ale, and a good one at that.

I've enjoyed Gulden Draak so many times and last night I decided to drink it out of one of my golden-rimmed goblets (I thought it was appropriate). The flavor never once lets up in this finely made beer.

At 10.5% ABV Gulden Draak is a lot stronger than most regular beers and the alcohol taste is obvious, but never overpowering. Everything used in the brewing ofthis beer balances out perfectly and the result is one of the best beers I have ever had.

Gulden Draak is great and anyone who wants to have a more fancy beer in their life should look no further than this Belgian masterpiece. I love Gulden Draak and you should too!



No comments:

Post a Comment