Saturday, January 12, 2013

Kona Pipeline Porter

This is my first Beer Blog post of the new year. I know what you're saying: "It's about *&%#^%$ time!" Well one of my resolutions for the new year is to write more often which includes posting as many beer blogs as I can! This includes trying more delicious beers and offering suggestions to any one of my readers in search of a new beer in their life. That being said here is my post on the first beer I decided to discuss this year: Kona Pipeline Porter.

Pipeline Porter is brewed with 100% Hawaiian Kona Coffee beans and pours a dark brown color bordering on black. Out of the bottle, Pipeline Porter is filled with the aroma of coffee and has a very pleasant smell to it. The taste is even more endearing.

Pipeline Porter proudly displayed in my Three Philosophers Glass

Pipeline Porter doesn't taste like most beers. From the very first sip you know Kona has come up with something special. As I drank it the coffee taste wasn't overwhelming nor underwhelming. Every gulp of Pipeline Porter was enjoyable till the very end. 
Like I said it didn't even seem like I was drinking a beer, but instead a delicious iced coffee beverage. Out of all the coffee beers I have tried this is one of the best to enjoy with friends who appreciate light beers. It in no way compares to the richness of Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout, but it's a nice go to beer to have at social gatherings, especially if your friends like coffee.
Pipeline Porter has an ABV of 5.4% and is made my the Hawaiian brewing company Kona.


No comments:

Post a Comment