Wednesday, January 16, 2013

"The Perfect Crime" (Evil Twin / Stillwater / Stone)

While visiting Shoreline Beverage in Huntington, NY with my good pal Tom, I came across a third Stone Collaborations beer for 2012; "The Perfect Crime."

I was surprised to say the least and picked it up immediately. The Stone Collaborations are always something I'm interested in, especially since they are only brewed once and never again.

"The Perfect Crime," brewed by Evil Twin, Stillwater and Stone is a black smoked saison and a good one at that. After pouring it into my glass this is the beautiful sight I was met with:

This dark brown saison had the perfect amount of head when poured into my Ommegang glass. The first few sips were frothy and reminded me of a Guinness poured on tap. Definitely enjoyable.

As for the flavor it was mostly bitter (not too bitter!) with a smokey aftertaste that I enjoyed throughout drinking this 6.8% ABV beer.

I didn't care much for the last saison collaboration beer I tried, Saison Du Buff, but this one went down easily and I was never turned off by its flavor or smell. Overall a great beer and one I would drink again given the chance.

"The Perfect Crime?" More like the perfect beer!

 Evil Twin's Brewmaster Jeppe Jarnit-Bjergse's statement on "The Perfect Crime"


No comments:

Post a Comment