Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tröegs Nugget Nectar

Last night Tom and I each had a bottle of the birthday present I got for him; a six pack of Troegs Nugget Nectar. Now we've had this beer before, but it's been almost a year since we last had it, so my memory of its flavors was a little hazy before last night.

This delicious Imperial Amber Ale is one of Tom's favorites and he simply can't stop raving about it. To be fair, this beer gives him good reason to though. Nugget Nectar has a beautiful red-orange color and is very appealing to the eye. We poured ours into snifters and began enjoying them.

It had the perfect amount of head after being poured and the small carbonation bubbles were easily visible throughout the entire beer. The smell of Nugget Nectar reminds me of a lot of all the different IPAs I've had and smells just like fresh pine trees.

Now the taste of Nugget Nectar is where it really shines. As you drink it you'll notice a nice citrus flavor, as well as hints of pine. Each taste is ended with a small bitter hoppy explosion of flavor and is delightful! The beer is also very smooth and goes down easy. I got through my beer in less than 15 minutes and was sad when there was none left in my glass after that.

At 7.5% ABV, Nugget Nectar is a nice intermediate beer that can be enjoyed with friends and family willing to try out new beers that are slightly more alcoholic and bitter than what they're used to ;). Drinking Nugget Nectar again was a real treat and I could hardly wait for the next time we crack open another couple of bottles on a warm evening in the coming months. 

Try Nugget Nectar...it's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment