Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Wolaver's (Organic) Pumpkin Ale

It's the first day of Spring, so what better way to celebrate than talking about pumpkin beer? Okay so maybe I'm a little late in discussing my favorite pumpkin ales, but it just so happens that I had one left over from the Fall and I couldn't stand just wasting it.

Before a few days ago, I had never tried Wolaver's Organic Pumpkin Ale. I made it my mission this past Fall to try as many different pumpkin beers as I could and compare all the different offerings, but this one somehow slipped under my radar. Lucky for me, my brother decided to bring it over months ago and leave it here.

I've tried countless pumpkin beers, so I know which are my favorites and which ones I will not be drinking again any time soon. Wolaver's Pumpkin Ale falls right smack dab in the middle.

It poured a beautiful clear orange color and still retained a good amount of carbonation even though it was a few months old. The smell of Wolaver's is pleasant and was similar to a lot of other pumpkin beers I've tried. A nice pumpkin smell to say the least.

I enjoyed the taste as well. The most dominant flavor being pumpkin, Wolaver's Pumpkin Ale also had hints of cinnamon and nutmeg within it. Overall I'd say it's a decent pumpkin beer and above average when compared to all the other pumpkin beers I've experienced.

Now I wouldn't go out of my way to pick up a 6-pack if I saw it in the store, but if I was at a party and it was there I wouldn't hesitate enjoying a bottle.

Not the best, but still pretty damn good. Give Wolaver's a try, especially if you're into the whole organic thing. It's one of the only two organic pumpkin beers on the market!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment